Parenting Children with Health Issues (Book)
-Mom’s Choice Awards® Gold Recipient (2008 Health, Nutrition, Fitness & Safety)
-Indie Excellence Award Recipient (2007 Parenting and Family)
-Finalist ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year (2007 Parenting)
Essential Tools, Tips and Tactics for Raising Kids with Chronic Illness, Medical Conditions and Special Healthcare Needs
This newest addition to Love and Logic's library takes familiar and well-loved Love and Logic concepts to new heights. Dr. Cline, a well-known child psychiatrist, and Lisa Greene, the mother of two children with cystic fibrosis, have teamed up to provide parents and medical providers with a valuable new resource. Whether a child struggles with weight problems, diabetes, cancer or any other health issue, parents will learn the essential parenting skills they need to help their child comply with medical requirements, cope well with health challenges, and live a hope-filled life. Get practical and compassionate answers to your toughest questions as you discover effective ways to communicate about health issues with children of all ages.
This book will teach parents and caregivers how to:
- Encourage your child to love life despite health challenges.
- Handle refusal to take medication and do medical treatments.
- Skillfully respond to your child’s special emotional needs.
- Avoid power struggles and other common parenting traps.
- Promote responsibility for health care without nagging or lecturing.
- Navigate sibling, family and couple relationship issues.
- Enable your child to make good self-care decisions.
- Frazier H. King, MD. Board Certified Family Practitioner
by Foster W. Cline and Lisa C. Greene