- What is Love and Logic?
- Who can benefit from Love and Logic?
- How is Love and Logic different from other approaches?
- Does Love and Logic Institute, Inc. provide counseling or therapy services?
- I am a teacher and have heard about Love and Logic but have never used it. What would you recommend?
- Do you have anything to help raise kids with special needs like autism or ADHD?
- How do I schedule Jim Fay, Charles Fay, Ph.D., and Foster W. Cline, M.D.?
- How do I find out about seminars in my area?
- Are Love and Logic products available in other languages?
- What if I'm not pleased with Love and Logic products?
- May I copy Love and Logic materials to share with others?
- Are you planning on modifying any existing products to address specific needs?
- Are your videos closed-captioned for the hearing impaired?
- Do I have to be certified to teach the Becoming a Love and Logic Parent® Curriculum?
- How do we get Love and Logic started in our school?
- How do I get my order shipped outside the United States?
Love and Logic is a philosophy of raising and teaching children which allows adults to be happier, empowered, and more skilled in the interactions with children. Love allows children to grow through their mistakes. Logic allows children to live with the consequences of their choices. Love and Logic is a way of working with children that puts parents and teachers back in control, teaches children to be responsible, and prepares young people to live in the real world, with its many choices and consequences.
Almost anyone will benefit from the Love and Logic approach. Our products especially help parents and teachers enjoy working with children through easy-to-use techniques. The Love and Logic approach helps children develop and grow in a healthy way, provides them with confidence and dignity, and teaches them how to become more responsible. The possibilities are limitless.
Love and Logic offers adults an alternative way to communicate with children. The Love and Logic techniques produce immediate results because the techniques are simple, practical, and easy to learn. The concepts behind Love and Logic place a heavy emphasis on respect and dignity for children and at the same time allows parents to grasp simple approaches instead of learning difficult counseling procedures.
The Love and Logic Institute, Inc. does not provide counseling or therapy services. If you need mental health assistance, we recommend you contact a local referral service. Although Love and Logic is not a substitute to therapy, it can be a powerful addition. The philosophy encourages healthy communication and gives people a glimpse of how a healthy family functions. It also provides easy-to-learn techniques that can be applied immediately.
We recommend the following products for educators:
- Educator Package - 2 books, 2 CD's, poster
- Lending Library Package - 5 books, 5 CD's, 2 DVD's
- Schoolwide Discipline Plan Without the Loopholes - book
- Creating Classrooms Where Teachers Love to Teach and Students Love to Learn - book
- Teaching With Love and Logic - book or CD
- Quick and Easy Classroom Interventions - 2 CD set
- Practical Applications of Love and Logic in Today's Classroom - DVD
- Pearls of Love and Logic for Parents and Teachers - book
- Putting Parents at Ease: Nine Keys to Effective Parent-Teacher Conferences - 3 CD set
- "No Thanks, I Just Had a Banana!" - DVD
We recommend the following products for helping children with special needs:
- Hope for Underachieving Kids - DVD
- Calming the Chaos - 3 CD set
- Winning the Homework Battle - CD
- Angry and Oppositional Students - 3 CD set
- Meeting the Challenge - book
- Developing Character in Teens - CD
To schedule Jim Fay, or find out when he will be in your area, call Patty at 800-338-4065.
To schedule Charles Fay, or find out when he will be in your area, call Monica at 800-338-4065.
To schedule Foster W. Cline, M.D., call Bonnie Burnett at 303-979-7525.
For information, our customer care specialist would be happy to assist you! Call 800-338-4065, or click here to see a listing.
Parenting with Love and Logic (Ser Padres con Amor y Logica) and the Becoming a Love and Logic Parent® Curriculum (only available to facilitators of the Becoming a Love and Logic Parent® curriculum) are available in Spanish. We currently do not have plans to translate additional audio and video materials to other languages. In our experience, translating Jim and Charles' style of humor and voice inflection to other languages dilutes the power of the message and diminishes the effectiveness of the techniques.
Our exceptional customer service staff is trained to help you select specific materials related to your issues. All of our products carry a satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied, please call 800-338-4065 and we will assist you.
All Love and Logic materials are copyrighted and may not be reproduced in any manner, including placement on the Internet. Please help us preserve the integrity of the Love and Logic philosophy. Tell people as much as possible about Love and Logic, but please do not copy, distribute, or create new materials.
If you have questions, please email or write to:
The Love and Logic Institute, Inc.
Attn: Patty Cannon
2207 Jackson Street
Golden, Colorado 80401-2300
The Love and Logic approach captures powerful techniques in psychology and incorporates them into easy-to-use techniques. Modifying the material lessens the powerful content and complicates the simple methods taught. The concepts behind the Love and Logic philosophy address basic human needs. These needs encompass inclusion, structure, control and affection and exist in all groups and cultures.
We have three DVD's available with closed captioning.
We no longer offer certification for our instructors of our parent training curriculum, Becoming a Love and Logic Parent®. The design of the curriculum allows facilitators to present successfully without special training.
To start Love and Logic in your school, pick the best and most enthusiastic teachers to voluntarily study the Nine Essential Skills for the Love and Logic Classroom™ Curriculum. The curriculum includes instructional videos, step-by-step facilitator guide, participant workbooks, Quick and Easy Classroom Interventions (audio CD), Teaching with Love and Logic (book), a Love and Logic tote bag, and one-on-one direct access to Jim Fay and Charles Fay, Ph.D., for support questions.
- Don't train all staff members the first year.
- Don't require all staff members to adopt Love and Logic. This can be the demise for any program.
- Introduce the program to staff by allowing everyone to view the first part. Use your own judgement as to when to stop the tape during the first presentation, and then announce that further training will be on a voluntary basis.
- Create a study group made up of your most enthusiastic teachers. These are the staff members who should receive a Study Guide so that they can continue to work together in the study of Love and Logic during the first year. Some schools have required that teachers apply to the building committee for admittance into the study group. Make the study of Love and Logic an honor, not a mandate.
- Create additional study groups as other staff members catch the enthusiasm generated by those using the curriculum.
For orders shipping outside of the United States including Canada, please contact us at 800-338-4065 to place your order.