The Rules of Love and LogicBy Jim Fay
Adults set firm limits in loving ways without anger, lecture, or threats.
When a child causes a problem the adult hands it back in loving ways
- In a loving way, the adult holds the child accountable for solving his/her problems in a way that does not make a problem for others.
- Children are offered choices with limits.
- Adults use enforceable statements.
- Adults provide delayed/extended consequences.
- The adult's empathy is "locked in" before consequences are delivered.
©1996 Jim Fay
Permission granted for photocopy reproduction.
Please do not alter or modify contents.
For more information, call the Love and Logic Institute, Inc. at 800-338-4065.