Dealing With Angry Or Aggressive Children
Without intervention, aggression in children can become a lifelong problem. Dealing with angry or aggressive children early on, and using the right techniques, can make all the difference. We offer a wealth of Love and Logic advice in our products and articles that will teach you how to deal with your child’s aggression and eliminate it entirely.
Read on for tips such as:
- intervene in the child's life as early as possible;
- limit exposure to television and videos;
- use alternatives to spanking;
- consistently apply empathy and logical consequences for aggressive behavior;
- neutralize arguments and power struggles;
- teach social skills and problem solving on a daily basis;
- provide positive feedback.
Angry Kids Safety Checklist for Parents