-Mom’s Choice Awards® Gold Recipient (2008 Health, Nutrition, Fitness & Safety)
-Indie Excellence Award Recipient (2007 Parenting and Family)
-Finalist ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year (2007 Parenting)
Essential Tools, Tips and Tactics for Raising Kids with Chronic Illness, Medical Conditions and Special Healthcare Needs
Dr. Cline, a well-known child psychiatrist, and Lisa Greene, the mother of two children with cystic fibrosis, have teamed up to provide parents and medical providers with a valuable resource. Whether a child struggles with weight problems, diabetes, cancer or any other health issue, parents will learn the essential parenting skills they need to help their child comply with medical requirements, cope well with health challenges, and live a hope-filled life. This book will teach parents and caregivers how to:
- Encourage your child to love life despite health challenges.
- Handle refusal to take medication and do medical treatments.
- Skillfully respond to your child’s special emotional needs.
- Avoid power struggles and other common parenting traps.
- Promote responsibility for health care without nagging or lecturing.
- Navigate sibling, family and couple relationship issues.
- Enable your child to make good self-care decisions.
"A few books fall into the Great Work category. This is one of them. This book is a beacon of insight and guidance for parents in the most challenging of parenting circumstances. Having recommended Love and Logic®
to many patients for the last decade, I am delighted to see this further growth and development of the basic Love and Logic®
principles. It is with great enthusiasm that I recommend this book to my colleagues and all parents of children with chronic medical conditions."
- Frazier H. King, MD. Board Certified Family Practitioner
This item is available as a Book or e-Book.
by Foster W. Cline, M.D. and Lisa C. Greene
Book, 327 pp.