Charles Fay, Ph.D. Biography
President of the Love and Logic Institute, Inc.
- Child, adolescent, and family psychotherapy
- Assessment of child and adolescent learning, emotional, and behavioral problems
- Classroom management techniques for extremely disturbed and disruptive children, and adolescents
- Consultation strategies for teacher and school improvement
- Parent training methods and family therapy
Charles Fay, Ph.D. is a parent, internationally recognized author, consultant and highly skilled public speaker.
Millions of educators, mental health professionals, and parents world-wide have benefited from his practical and down-to-earth solutions to the most common and frustrating behaviors displayed by youth of all ages. These solutions come directly from years of research and clinical experience serving severely disturbed youth and their families in psychiatric hospitals, public and private schools, and homes.
Dr. Fay’s interest in education and psychology were peaked as a child from years of exposure to some of our nation’s most dynamic experts in these fields. This early exposure came as a result of participation in training events with his father, Jim Fay. Jim is one of the nation’s leading experts on child discipline and has over fifty years of experience in public education. The internationally recognized Love and Logic approach was literally developed around Charles Fay as he grew. Now he jokes, “I think that’s why I became a psychologist…just to figure out what they were doing to me as a kid. But…let me be clear…I absolutely adore my mom and dad as a result.”
Dr. Fay earned his Ph.D. with highest honors in 1997 from the University of South Carolina. Prior to and during his university training in school and clinical psychology, he enjoyed extensive experience working with children in psychiatric, public school and mental health settings.
Dr. Fay currently works full time as an author, consultant, public speaker and CEO of the Love and Logic Institute. Because of his high-powered sense of humor and story-telling skills, audiences experience the most memorable and life changing form of learning: learning that’s mentally connected to joy and real-life examples. Many conference attendees have written, “The time went so fast…a very entertaining speaker,” and “I’m so relieved that he gave us things we can actually use rather than lots of theory and impractical stuff,” and “I first heard Dr. Fay fifteen years ago. I’m still using the skills I learned all those years ago!”
Books, videos and audios by Dr. Charles Fay include:
- "Angry and Oppositional Students: Calming Classrooms with Love and Logic"
- "Calming The Chaos: Behavior Improvement Strategies for the Child with ADHD"
- "From Bad Grades to a Great Life! Unlocking the Mystery of Achievement for Your Child"
- "Hope for Underachieving Kids: Opening the Door to Success with Love and Logic"
- "How to Raise Kids Who Make Responsible Decisions When Nobody Is Watching"
- "How to Teach Without Getting Punched: Preventing Battles and Blow-ups with Angry Students"
- "How To Make the Best of Sibling Rivalry"
- "I Hate School!: Techniques For Helping Underachieving Kids Fall In Love with Learning" - Love and Logic On-Demand Webinar"
- "Keeping Cool When Parenting Heats Up: Tips for Staying Calm and Collected"
- "Love and Logic-isms: Wise Words About Kids"
- "Love and Logic for Heroes: Practical Parenting for Military Families"
- "Love and Logic: Keys to Helping Kids Cope with Divorce: - Love and Logic On-Demand Webinar"
- "Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood: Practical Parenting from Birth to Six Years"
- "Love and Logic Magic When Kids Leave you Speechless"
- "Love and Logic Solutions for Early Childhood"- Love and Logic On-Demand Webinar
- "Love and Logic Speed-E Solutions: - Creating Effective Consequences"
- "Love and Logic Speed-E Solutions: - Potty Training"
- "Love and Logic Speed-E Solutions: - Taming the Technology Monster in Your Home"
- "Love and Logic Speed-E Solutions: - Teaching Kids to Think and Solve Problems"
- "Love and Logic Speed-E Solutions: - Teens and Driving"
- "Love and Logic Speed-E Solutions: - Success with Chronically Disruptive Students"
- "Love and Logic Speed-E Solutions: - When Your Kids Get Defiant"
- "Love and Logic Speed-E Solutions: - When Your Spouse Has a Different Parenting Style"
- "Love and Logic Powder Room Reader" Collection of Insider's Club Newsletter Articles
- "Love and Logic Teacher-isms: Wise Words for Teachers"
- "Oh Great! What Do I Do Now: Parenting Remedies for When Kids Cook Up the Unexpected"
- "Painless Parenting for the Preschool Years"
- "Parenting Kids To Become the People Employers Really Want and America Desperately Needs!"
- "Real World Parenting Solutions: That Prepare Kids for the Real World"
- "Sibling Rivalry: Strategies for Saving Your Sanity…and Teaching Your Kids How to Get Along"
- "Simple Parenting Strategies: For Raising Great Kids in Complicated Times"
- "Success with Strong-Willed, Stubborn or Downright Defiant Kids: Proven Techniques for the Classroom and Home" - Love and Logic On-Demand Webinar
- "Taking the Stress out of Raising Great Kids: Journal Collection Years 1995 to 2000"
- "The Love and Logic Classroom…More Cooperative, Higher Achieving Students: Nine Key Skills for Educators
- "Winning with Diabetes: Tools, Tips and Tactics for Raising Healthier Kids"