Love and Logic: Supporting Youth with Special Needs
“Does Love and Logic apply to kids with special needs?” Yes! Learn how with our NEW powerful curriculum!
Independent facilitators of our Love and Logic parent and/or educator curricula now have a powerful resource for answering, “How does Love and Logic apply to kids with special needs?”
This four module curriculum is designed to be a follow-up/bonus program for parents, educators and other professionals that have already attended a Love and Logic Early Childhood Parenting Made Fun®, Parenting the Love and Logic Way®, Love and Logic: Adults Supporting Youth with Challenging Pasts®, or 9 Essential Skills for the Love and Logic Classroom® class.
Participants will learn:
- A process for understanding the unique needs and competencies of each child.
- How to avoid becoming overwhelmed by a child’s multiple, severe disabilities.
- How to maintain healthy “can-do” expectations.
- Tips for teaching essential life skills.
- Skills for developing and maintaining a cooperative parent-school team.
- Strategies for reaching discouraged and resistant learners.
- And much more!
This bonus curriculum comes complete with easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions similar to our other facilitated curricula.
Module 1: Understanding Their Unique Needs and Gifts
Module 2: Maintaining Healthy “Can-Do” Expectations
Module 3: Developing and Maintaining Positive Parent-Teacher Relationships
Module 4: Reaching Discouraged and Resistant Learners
Must own or have access to one of our other training curricula to purchase this curriculum.
The instructional videos are available on DVD or USB Flash Drive-(PC & Mac only).
By Charles Fay, Ph.D.
Please note: The training program is designed to be taught in a face-to-face setting. No internet based teaching of the program is allowed.