Love and Logic: Adults Supporting Youth with Challenging Pasts (Trauma Informed Care)
Cut through the complexity of working with youth with challenging pasts and provide real solutions that can be applied immediately.
With this new curriculum train:
- Foster and adoptive parents
- Social workers
- And others serving children and teens who’ve experienced trauma
You will learn powerful insights into:
- How trauma affects the brain.
- Why the intense and extremely upsetting behaviors seen in these kids represent attempts to self-protect and survive.
- The science behind healthy attachment relationships and why such bonds form the foundation for emotional and neurological healing.
- How to apply Love and Logic strategies so that adults can take good care of themselves while addressing root causes… not just symptoms.
- Establishing healthy boundaries, avoiding destructive power struggles, overcoming defiance, and guiding these youth toward success.
- Many more skills and concepts applicable to kids who need hope.
This curriculum is designed to cut through the complexity of these very challenging topics and provide real solutions that can be applied immediately... rather than lots of theory or abstract ideas. Step-by-step instructions are provided for each of the six modules.
Module 1: Attachment Relationships are the Foundation
Module 2: Dealing with Defiance and Other Difficult Behavior
Module 3: Nothing Works Without Sincere Empathy
Module 4: Setting Limits While Minimizing Power Struggles
Module 5: Supporting Learning and Achievement at School
Module 6: Empowering Them Toward Success in Life
- A Facilitator Guide including step-by-step instructions for facilitating six separate sessions (each session takes about 1.5 - 2 hours)
- One USB Drive or Two DVD’s containing approximately five hours of instructional video segments by Charles Fay, Ph.D.
- Ten participant workbooks (Additional workbooks may be purchased at minimal cost)
- A tote bag for easy carrying and storing
- Access to exclusive content through our Facilitator portal, including media/marketing kits, certificates of completion, bonus videos, and other valuable resources geared to help with your presentations
- Facilitator contact information can be added to our Trainer Referral List
The instructional videos are available on DVD or USB Flash Drive-(PC & Mac only).
Workbooks are available in English or Spanish.
By Charles Fay, Ph.D.
Please note: The training program is designed to be taught in a face-to-face setting. No internet based teaching of the program is allowed.
Visit this page for Curriculum Research Information.
Download and Print the curriculum syllabus pdf.